The other day I made a knitting recipe for the first time, and I had so much fun. This hat only takes an episode of Gilmore Girls to finish??, plus you have a lot of fun and it is really easy. So get your needles and get to it!
I call it the “cray cray for grey grey” hat.
This recipe is for a size 57 cm, if you want it smaller/bigger just add/remove some stitches.
What you will need:
– a set of five 9mm (US 13) double pointed needles
– about 100 grams of a thick yarn where 50grams measures 80 meter. I used the yarn “Cloud” from the brand Drops.
– cast on 50 stitches (I cast them loosely onto two needles so that the rim won’t be tight) using double thread
– working in the round, knit 2 and purl 2
– repeat until you have the desired lenght (remember to include the folding edge). My hat is approx. 30 cm
– pull the thread (layer it double so that you have four threads) through the stitches without knitting them and tighten
– fasten the thread and tie all loose ends
Let me know if you have any questions!